How can we support you?
Warm Homes Fund
If residents need guidance, advice or support with any matter relating to gas and electricity bills and how to save energy and cut costs at home then Citizens Advice Sunderland and the Green Doctors are working with the council to help householders and residents become more financially resilient and energy efficient.
Through funding from the Warm Homes Fund a dedicated advice and support service is now available to help save energy, cut gas and electricity costs and to stay more affordably warm and well now and in winter.
The service is free, confidential, impartial and tailored to the householder's needs. Citizens Advice Sunderland and Green Doctors work together to help with:
- Benefit checks - 1000s of households do not claim all the financial support and state benefits they are entitled to. Do they qualify for additional income?
- Household budget planning support
- Money advice and debt solutions - including fuel debts
- Energy Bills Support Scheme - to help with the current cost of living crisis
- Energy bills and concerns
- Best tariffs and switching
- Heating system and controls advice
- Help to stop wasting energy at home
- Damp, condensation and mould advice
- Signposting - Citizens Advice and Green Doctors can point people in the right direction for other support and services
Green Doctors provide home visits and / or phone calls to help households save energy and cut costs. Some residents may also receive FREE:
- Draught proofing
- Reflective radiator panels
- LED light bulbs
- Damp humidifiers
- Winter warmer packs
Helpful advice and support is available for anyone who needs it. To find out more contact Citizens Advice on 0191 731 6490 and an adviser will be happy to help.